Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Fast friends

Lima turned into a blur of parties. Rupert, Marcelo & MiguelAngelo, peas in a pod indeed. Escaping an old tarot card reader in Barranco who wanted to give me babies (eww, men say the most ridiculous things sometimes), I sat at a balcony table next to those 3. I love meeting carefree, enthusiastic people who at least for the moment haven't a care in the world. I really like Peru. And I think it likes me. It's gonna be hard to forget the last few days. Yesterday I thought I was going insane, rightfully so, I didn't get to sleep until that afternoon. And after spending 2 days with a fun, energetic, crazy bunch, I'm back to kickin' it solo.

I'll probably be remembering funny shit about those 2 days for a while. No, no jail time or incidents with the police. I'm not as crazy as most of you think. Good craziness. Still, I can't help feeling a little bit sad in this moment. Having such fun with people makes it harder to go back to traveling alone. And when alone sometimes it's hard to be reminded of the wonderful people you know with whom you'd love to be traveling right now. Honestly, I've teared up 3 times today. Sometimes I feel desperate & in need of affection, but then when I have it, I'm not sure it's enough. Is anything ever enough for me? Oh! And I'm a schmuck. I didn't call my friend Freddy's mom in Lima.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey You!!! Was thinking about you the other night & just want you to know that I miss our talks!!! Hope you are well and having an awesome time. Where/when are you heading this way???