Friday, April 27, 2007

Into the dunes

I climbed into the dunes today too for a little sandboarding. I'm not sure dunes is the sufficient word. They're in between hills & mountains of sand. Course, I took a shower first and made sure to moisturize. Brilliant, Anne, brilliant. Nothing like it in the world. Cruising down mountains with nothing but wind (and a ton of sand) in your hair. I think I'm turning in to a bit of an adrenaline junky.

There are a lot nice people here in Huacachina too. Cesar (the hot one), Charlie,
Pablo. Charlie's the bartender at the hotel. He thinks it's dangerous for a girl to be traveling alone in South America. He did specify that there have to be good points and bad points. I asked him to make me a list to verify whether correct. He made me a strawberry shake with some kind of liquor in it. Delightful. It made me think of my Dad. He's always loved strawberry shakes!

I wonder what it must be like to live in Israel. To be Israeli. Living on land given unto you, or simply returned to you, depending on the argument. Not that anything is that simple. There are a lot of Israelis here and they seem to keep to themselves. Maybe it's me. It just seems like the country and people are always undergoing a struggle, a fight. I wonder if the entire world seems like a potential enemy.

No comments: