Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Miss incognito...

Ok, people. I've officially joined the Lonely Planet Guide Book traveling circuit, or one could say circus. I see the same people somehow, walking the same streets as me. Just bumped into 2 people I met in Vilcabamba and 1 from Lima, not like NYC where I'm always incognito. It's nice being incognito and I'm doing my best to keep a low profile here, but my cover just gets blown some days! Well, I declare! I'm sitting lagoon-side in Huacachina. It's an oasis, surrounded by mountains of sand, and in the oasis a lagoon, palms, reeds, a small beach. The hostal in Huacachina serves marijuana instead of a dinner mint, sort of a thanks for your patronage. How do you like that?!? Oh my god, Peru is crazy.

When I close my eyes, my life flashes in front of me in images of the past. Whether delighted, devastated, distraught, whatever it may be, it has an image. Those that I've had lately: kissing my first boyfriend--he had braces but I didn't, teardrops falling into a pool of blood that was my grandmother's, watching people I love in love and being so happy that I cried. I want to share what is sacred to me. Not that my life is better than anyone else's, my opinions, experiences cooler, wilder, it's just that that which is sacred should be shared.

One month left, if I don't extend the trip, that is. I've lost 2 different hoop earrings, a beige tanktop & almost all of my inhibitions and insecurities. YES! This life is a gift. It's unreal. I worried a bit today about my life, what I'm going to do for work, wishing somebody'd save me from having to do it! And then I sat on a bus watching person after person enter & then exit, realizing I was probably the richest person on the bus and free to do anything in life. Friends of mine are unhappy living paycheck to paycheck, but have lovely homes, gracious families, good genes. And it makes me wonder what in the hell any of us is justified to complain about. So no more complaints, agreed?

1 comment:

Sockmonkee said...

Maybe it takes a plunge like you have made in order to realize what you have. Although while I appreciate what you say as far as what we have and no more complaints, its doesnt help pay the mortgage. Not all of us can take off to expierence life as you have, but Im so glad you could.