Thursday, April 26, 2007

You'd like Huacachina.

Whoever you are. It's chill and loose. Israelis, Germans, Peruvians, I think the whole world is represented here. Huacachina has a beach vibe in the desert and everybody's cool. I'm shy here and I like it. Nobody's really talking to me, nor am I with them. Except for the bartenders. I always feel more comfortable at the bar. I guess that's probably a bad thing...oh well, it's my style. Nobody tips here...what a shame. Cypress Hill's on the radio this morning and it's not even 10 am. Nice.

Oh, yeah! I've come up with a new name for myself. I used to be Anita la Gatita (in English, Anne the kitten), now I'm the Minx. Like it? Not that this photo reflects it all that well, but the moms asked to see my face...we'll see if I live up to the name in New York. I can't decide if South America is cool or just behind the times. By say 5 years. But then again, I don't think I'd have noticed it if I hadn't lived in NYC. There are monkeys in the garden; I never saw that in New York. Does this sometimes sound like a dream? It sure does to me living it. Not sure what to do about it so I just keep traveling, keeping my eyes open so I don't miss anything. Sometimes I feel like a spectator in my own life.

Today I skipped over to Vista Alegre, a Peruvian vineyard in Ica. We walked the vineyard & tasted a selection of 4 wines: a Cabernet Sauvignon Malbec blend, Borgoña semi seco, Cachina--an 8-10 day fermented sweetie, and a Pisco, which is like fire. Pisco's a brandy that this region is known for. The vineyard mostly makes sweet, young wines because that's what sells in Peru. They've started exporting to the US and Canada but it's still in the infancy stages. No one here can believe I speak Spanish. What's that about? I'm almost insulted.

1 comment:

WhoCelebrates.com | Let's know it.. said...

www.whocelebrates.com | Let's know it..