Monday, April 16, 2007

Skeeters

This morning I'm a little restless. The 15th of April, I have only a month and 10 days left. I gotta get a move on.

Ecuador is a blend of roughing it but with creature comforts. Vilcabamba has more comforts than creatures, but its fair share of creatures all the same. Mountain mosquitos. I'm not a fan. Usually mosquitos don't take to me. They don't like my flavor thankfully. But in the mountains, they adore my blood. Maybe it's just a novelty--city blood--but their bites linger for days & scar unlike any mosquitos I've encoutered before. No me gusta.

I walked Ginger to town and piddled around the center today. It's not but a few streets so we covered it in about a half hour. Back at the hostel, I caught the end of Temple of Doom. Raiders is better in my opinion. Movies aside, I'm not sure this hostel is worth the dough they charge. I asked that the room be cleaned and they neglected the bathroom altogether. No towels, nothing. It's probably the most I've paid per night since abroad and I'm just not sure it's all it's cracked up to be. Or Vilcabamba for that matter. Hmm. I'm learning that I may be more of a city girl. In Bogotá walking with Lina, she asked me at one point why I was running. I guess I was back in city girl pace. It made me realize how much I like the hustle & bustle.

No comments: