Monday, March 5, 2007

As the years pass

I danced with Julio until the wee hours. He owns a taxi service and is the Vice President of Las Mandarinas, the guy club my friends created the first time I was here. So today I woke up at 1 PM. Yikes! Can´t believe that one! I haven´t done that since college...ok maybe once or twice since.

On the beach, the Suizzas and I discussed traveling. They asked me how I liked France. I went when I was 11 and wasn´t that impressed. They were shocked. I was shocked as well but not for the same reason...I realized that I was making a reference to an event that happened almost 20 years ago in my life! It´s really crazy to be old enough to reference an experience that occured 20 years in the past, and to remember it!! I must admit, I feel better at 30 than I ever have. I hope the years do me well. And that I may be blessed enough to continue to enjoy the years more and more as they pass.

Here I am in my room with a rose.

1 comment:

Sockmonkee said...

Oh my GAWD Stella! You are truning so CARAMEL!!!
Ya look like a native!!