Saturday, March 3, 2007

Violation

This morning my dog was sleeping at the table where I had breakfast! I love coincidence. And I love that a dog can sleep at your table with no health code violation, not begging or whining, just having a nap. I love the beach. I just do. You don´t have to wear clothes if you don´t want to...a dog can sleep at your table while you eat...people twirl fire in the street...

People also walk the streets here every day, trying to sell you stuff. I can´t imagine that being my job. I got roped into one of those book selling scams my first year in college. What a nightmare, selling books, pardon, ¨educational materials¨ to rural families (trailer parks) in the middle of nowhere Oregon. Not sure I´ll ever want to sell anything ever again.

As I eat breakfast, there is a man carving up some sort of meat on a cardboard box. Now there´s a health code violation I don´t mind so much. Wonder if it´s kosher...a yellow lab waiting patiently at a distance for the scraps.

1 comment:

Sockmonkee said...

I ask again, are you carrying around a lap top or just remembering all this stuff and spouting it all out at an internet cafe?
On another note, I hope what he was carving up was not a dog!