Friday, March 2, 2007

Unexpected pairings

As I left the hotel (the group I have no idea where, not sure I care that much) to walk on the beach, the discoteque had Queen´s Another One Bites the Dust blasting. I own that record (well, I claimed it at the age of maybe 8). A dog passed on my left. I had a Pilsener in my right, set for a lovely midnight stroll. Walking, drinking, enjoying the night sky. What I didn´t realize is that the dog was walking with me. He, actually she I soon knew, roamed ahead to sniff out a shell, crab, something, and turned around to check that I was still following, and then waited for me to catch up. I didn´t know that she wanted to walk with me. She would have probably walked with anyone headed the same direction, but for those moments, I felt a sense of belonging. A feeling quite rare traveling alone in a new world. Me, my own animal, and another, walking on the beach, exploring, not a care in the world.

We came upon a couple as well as we walked and I, with great respect for romantic interludes, kept a distance. But as the couple approached, it became easier to make out their shapes. A pair indeed, but it was a pair of horses, also out for a late night galavant through the sand! This night one of the most memorable experiences of this trip so far.

Oh! And I talked to one of my good friends tonight. He said he was going to write nasty things in the comment section of this blog! Well, I never! So please folks, whoever may be reading this, CONSIDER THE SOURCE...my stuff included!

1 comment:

Sockmonkee said...

Got your post card yesterday!!!
Also saw the comments on my page. I WOULD open a cafe if I had 100K to do it!! Thats kind of the thing about leaving ans starting ove. It requires something I dont have. MONEY!
It sounds like your having a grand time!