Thursday, March 1, 2007

It´s all in the details

Today was a day of details. I got my bikini altered (taken in, not out...joy!) for $0.50. Perfect. I did laundry at my friend Margarita´s hotel in her washing machine and dryer (double joy). The hotel got shut down for 7 days this morning (take one joy back). A new guy working there, Jimmy from Russia, rented a room to an undercover ¨rent¨ cop and didn´t give her a receipt (see...told you there were a lot of cops here). That´s apparently cause to shut down a hotel for 7 days upon first infraction. Margarita and her husband Patricio were pretty upset, but not with Jimmy per se. As I left to pick up my alterations, Jimmy was renting a room to a family of three. I guess the cops don´t travel in families. And I guess the stickers the cops taped to all the doors don´t do much to deter those who need a place to sleep and a good shower.

So we left Baños and 7 pm or so. It´s 3:12 am now and we just popped a tire. I´m convinced that traveling during the day is far better than at night. First of all, the bus driver is able to see. Second of all, so am I.

Here´s a photo of my breakfast, and what´s typical here.

No comments: