Sunday, March 4, 2007

Generally speaking...

Probably not worth the mention, all things considered, but I´m going to make mention of him anyway. Oscar. A twin, 20 years old. Good-looking kid. He´s along with the group, 10 people in total. Never spoke to me in Baños but stared at me from time to time. Ok, whatever, weirdo. I´m one of the 2 girls of the group, the other ¨gringa¨ from the UK. I´m not a fan of generalizations. We´re all different as much as the same. And as much as people make generalizations about foreigners (we´re white, therefore rich and easy...), there are generalizations to be made about Ecuadorian men all the while. Oscar told me (nevermind the asking part...he´s the man) to buy three of us ceviche the first day on the beach, then borrowed money from me twice, used my bathroom (his hotel is really far, far and cheap). He´s a leech, only worse. Leeches live off blood. Oscar prefers the money of foregin girls. Eww. Enough about him.

So two girlfriends from Switzerland showed up this evening. Awesome! They´re great girls, France & Geraldine. I think I mentioned them before. We met in Baños and danced the night away. Let the fun begin!!

No comments: