Friday, March 30, 2007

Second tan

I woke up early again today...something about the beach. And I love waking up early! Or I should say, I love waking up early when I don´t have to!! I was on the beach by 9 AM. The vendors struck again, but this time I had an arsenal of nos locked & loaded. It was like I was at a local carnival...the vendors passing one by one and me and my pellet gun shot em down! Only I didn´t win any prizes. They had the same bills of goods as Cartagena--massages, necklaces, beer, ceviche. I packed a little lunch & some fruit so I could spend the whole day in the sun. My first tan peeled a bit, so I´m working on the second.

El Rodadero is nothing all that spectacular either, except that the water is clear & calm. The Caribbean. The hotels are a bit in disrepair, the restaurants mostly of plastic chairs and tables. But I am glad to be here. I´ve yet to meet the beach of my dreams where I can sleep in a hut or hammock on the beach and eat seafood fresh out of the sea right there. No restaurant, no waiter, just me and the cook or fisherman. It´s an off-the-beaten-path find usually and most of the places I´ve been in Colombia have been tourist spots. Maybe in Peru...

1 comment:

Sockmonkee said...

you say your OK but you sound very alone to me right now. Are you really OK?